Where to Party in London: International Student Guide
London is one of the world’s most popular party destinations, and as an international student, there are so many great places you can go to let loose and have a good time. But with so much choice out there, it can be hard to decide where to go. In this article, we look at the best places for international students to party in London – from hip bars and clubs to hidden gems that only those in the know know about!
As an international student in London, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to finding places to party. The city is renowned for its nightlife, with a huge variety of bars, clubs and pubs to suit every taste.
To help you make the most of your time in London, we’ve put together a guide to the best places to party, depending on what you’re looking for. So whether you’re after a laid-back pub crawl or a big night out at one of the city’s world-famous nightclubs, read on for our top tips.
Where to Party in London: Top 5 Nightclubs
If you’re an international student looking for where to party in London, look no further than one of these top 5 nightclubs:
1. Fabric: This world-renowned club is located in the heart of London and is known for its incredible sound system and eclectic mix of music.
2. The Box: This quirky club is located in Soho and is known for its unique atmosphere and eclectic mix of music.
3. XOYO: This club is located in Shoreditch and is known for its underground vibes and excellent selection of electronic music.
4. Ministry of Sound: This legendary club is located in Elephant & Castle and is known for its huge dancefloor and superb sound system.
5. Egg London: This popular club is located in Kings Cross and is known for its diverse music policy and welcoming atmosphere.
Where to Find Cheap Drinks in London
If you’re looking for cheap drinks in London, there are a few places you can check out. The first is your local pub. Most pubs will have a happy hour with reduced prices on certain days or times. You can also find cheap drinks at some of the clubs and bars in London. There are a few that are known for their cheaper prices, so it’s worth checking them out. Finally, if you’re willing to spend a bit more, there are some great cocktail bars in London that offer discounts if you buy a certain number of drinks.
Live Music Venues in London
If you’re looking for a place to enjoy some live music while you’re in London, there are plenty of great options to choose from. Here are just a few of the best live music venues in London that you should check out:
The Roundhouse: This world-famous venue has hosted everyone from Led Zeppelin to The Rolling Stones, and it’s just as popular with today’s audiences. With a variety of different shows and events taking place throughout the year, there’s always something going on at The Roundhouse.
O2 Academy Brixton: Another iconic London venue, O2 Academy Brixton is known for putting on amazing live shows. From up-and-coming artists to world-renowned acts, there’s always something great happening at this venue.
KOKO: Located in Camden Town, KOKO is one of the most popular live music venues in London. With a capacity of 1,500 people, it’s the perfect place to catch a show by your favorite band or artist.
Shepherd’s Bush Empire: This historic venue has been hosting live music since 1903, and it continues to be one of the best places to see a show in London. Shepherd’s Bush Empire is especially well-known for its incredible acoustics, so you can be sure you’ll enjoy any performance here.
Cool Bars and Pubs in London
London is a city that’s known for its nightlife, and there are plenty of bars and pubs to keep you entertained. Here are some of the best ones:
The Churchill Arms: This pub is known for its extensive collection of Churchill memorabilia, as well as its traditional British food.
The George & Dragon: This pub is a popular spot for tourists, thanks to its location in Piccadilly Circus. It’s also got a great selection of beers and ciders.
The Crown & Anchor: This pub is located in the heart of Covent Garden and is popular with both locals and tourists. It’s got a relaxed atmosphere and serves traditional pub food.
The Dog & Duck: This Soho pub is popular with media types and has been featured in several TV shows and films. It’s known for its quirky decor and friendly staff.
Hidden Gems: Unique Places to Party in London
When it comes to nightlife, London is one of the most diverse and exciting cities in the world. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated evening out or a wild night on the town, there’s sure to be a venue to suit your taste.
If you’re looking for something a little different, check out some of these hidden gems – unique places to party in London that are off the beaten path:
1. The Blind Pig: This speakeasy-style bar is located in Shoreditch and is perfect for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of central London. With its exposed brick walls and vintage furniture, The Blind Pig has a relaxed and intimate atmosphere. The cocktails are also not to be missed!
2. Mother Bar: This quirky bar is located in Dalston and is known for its eccentric décor, which includes an upside-down Christmas tree! Mother Bar also has a great selection of cocktails and hosts regular DJ nights – perfect for dancing the night away.
3. Village Underground: This unique venue is situated in an old underground tube station in Shoreditch. It’s been transformed into a live music and clubbing venue, complete with street art on the walls. If you’re looking for a truly unforgettable party experience, this is the place to go!
London is an exciting and vibrant city with plenty of nightlife options for international students. With this guide, you can find the perfect spot to party in London no matter your budget or preference. From trendy rooftop bars to traditional pubs, there’s something to suit every taste. So don’t wait – start exploring all that London has to offer and have a great time!